Current Job Openings
Full time, benefits, competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, 401K, 11 paid holidays per year**, vacation time, team environment, great hours. **Holidays based on DeSoto County observed holidays and is subject to change.
Now Hiring for Driver Position
Please feel free to download our driver application. You may drop off or mail the application to 2505 SW Flanders Street Arcadia Fl 34266 along with a copy of front and back of driver’s license, a second ID and DOT health card.
Driver Job Description:
To drive a front-loading, rear-loading, side-loading and/or roll-off truck on commercial and/or residential routes to collect solid waste and transport it to the landfill for disposal. Responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously serving customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Performs daily pre- and post-trip inspections. Completes and submits the vehicle condition report at the end of the shift.
- Hauls along designated routes to mechanically collect solid waste and take it to the landfill for disposal.
- Cleans loose trash off of truck and/or ground around truck and container that spills during dumping process to maintain clean customer site and safety along roads and highways.
- Courteously interacts with customers and/or the general public along the route to answer questions or respond to requests. Notifies supervisor of issues requiring management action.
- Maintains and submits a DOT logbook, daily route/productivity sheet, and vehicle condition report (post-trip inspection sheet).
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge (but not limited to)
Knowledge of the truck and its components, and the basic maintenance requirements for safe operation. Ability to read and write well enough to complete vehicle condition reports.
Must meet the following requirements:
1) Class A or B CDL, with an air brake endorsement
2) Two years or equivalent commercial truck driving experience, and
3) In the most recent 36 month period, as verified by a current MVR/driver abstract:
a. no more than one moving violation or accident,
b. no suspensions or revocations due to a moving violation or accident, and
c. no DUI (driving under the influence) convictions.
- Must demonstrate ability to maneuver truck into and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors to back distances up to approximately 120 feet. Able to use a key map to locate service addresses.
- Able to follow safe operating practices, including lock out/ tag out procedures to ensure truck is inoperative when working in the truck body.
- Monitors operations to detect loose debris, using mirrors or direct sight and/or listening for debris falling onto truck during dumping operation. Visually scans customer site before and after dumping. Able to follow safe operating practices.
- Able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend the reports well enough to accurately complete daily assignments.
Physical Requirements (but not limited to)
- Visually inspecting around and under the truck and its components
- Able to lift at least seventy-five (75) pounds as needed daily
- Stamina and flexibility to maintain a steady work pace.
- Gripping / grasping controls
- Able to effectively communicate with dispatch/supervisors
- Valid DOT medical card
Output/Productivity Expected (but not limited to)
- Daily for all tasks mentioned.
- Working Conditions
- Outside in all weather conditions
WSI reserves the right to add to or change this job description at anytime.